Our client is a leading global supplier of commercial vehicle technologies. As a Data Scientist, you will participate in the construction and exploitation of an analytics platform within a large company using various sources of data.
Your duties will include
- Mine large geospatial dataset and many different sources for data enrichment to generate new insights or detect hidden patterns
- Explore large catalogue of data to generate hypothesis with business value for the transportation industry
- Provide support as technical expert for business ideation on data products with business analysts
- Work with other experts to improve overall architecture, data format, data workflow, data storage strategies and security guidelines.
- Execute large scale models using Logistic Regression, Linear Models Family (Poisson models, Survival models, Hierarchical models, Naïve-Bayesian estimators), Conjoint Analysis, Spatial models, Time-series models
The successful candidate will have
- Master Degree in IT or related area of study
- 5+ years of work experience and 2+ years of professional experience developing large, distributed data warehouses, big data, or real-time data intensive applications
- Highly experienced with Hadoop and AWS environment
- Hands-on experience coding in Java, Scala, Python, R, SQL or other advanced programming languages is required for this role
- Big data modeling work experience with Hadoop, Spark and Zeppelin or Jupyter is required.
- Experience with Cloudera suite (Hue, Oozie,…) is a plus
- Strong experience on applied statistics and data mining techniques (linear regression, logistic regression, text mining, classification, multivariate analysis, decision tree, random forest, K-means, deep neural networks, Bayesian models, …)
- Proficient with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra, …
This is an excellent opportunity for those who are interested in starting or further developing their careers in the booming field of Data Science. You will find challenging and rewarding assignments with the spread on sectors and companies. You will be able to control your own development with an individual development plan and will quickly get to grow into a responsible role with many opportunities for career progression.